Today’s links of the day:
- A friend of mine went to a lecture this weekend on ancient Egyptian boat building. It’s actually quite interesting once you get past the mistaken notion that you don’t need boats in the desert. Of course, when I mistakenly conjured said notion, I wasn’t thinking about, like, the Nile River or the Red Sea. Sometimes, my brain goes a-wandering….
- My coworker, sensing that I was “having a day” sent me a couple of Muppets-related links to boost my spirits. They, of course, worked like a charm. First, there was the video in which Cookie Monster explains his “abandon[ment] of the pro-cookie agenda” to Stephen Colbert. Then there was the lip sync video featuring Bert and Ernie singing an MOP song, “Ante Up”. So good! [I apparently have a thing for lip synching videos (see yesterday’s post). I wonder if it’s connected to my affinity for karaoke.]
- Another friend sent me the highlight from last night’s Emmy telecast: Josh Groban’s TV Theme medley. A welcome reminder that Josh Groban has a wicked sense of humour (see “I’m Fucking Ben Affleck” for more proof). [As an aside, if anyone has links to the uncensored versions of “I’m Fucking Matt Damon” and “I’m Fucking Ben Affleck,” I would be much obliged if you’d pass ‘em along.]
- In case you became as enamoured with the MOP song from the Bert and Ernie video as I did, here’s the whole song.
- And, finally, the same site that had the Cookie Monster video also had this article, entitled “The Truth About Barack Obama.” [I know! Talk about eclectic!] It’s blatantly biased in favour of the Illinois senator, but the author pulls out some interesting tidbits from Obama’s record to illuminate his points. [What? You thought this was going to be all fun and games?]
And, because it really is an Egyptian kind of day, I’d like to mention that, without any effort exerted on my part, the Bangles “Walk Like an Egyptian” just finished playing in my iTunes.